Monday, May 31, 2010

Now open to the public OR how I am going to fuck with the layout of this thing OR o hay world out there.

OKAY SO WE'RE JUST GONNA STOP FOR A SECOND HERE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THIS.

Today is Quit Facebook day, okay, easy enough who needs a stupid social networking site that doesn't give a shit about you or your privacy? So we're just gonna click on deactivate your account here in the account settings page... Okay! We're done, great let's just x out... Oh wait a minute what's this? A new email! Yay! Oh, bummer it's from Facebook telling me I've deactivated my account.. Well, I suppose I should read it, maybe they want to do something cool like give me a million bucks to come back, or maybe even just allow me to post animated gifs & not have my privacy fucked with.. Let's see then.

Hi Michael,
You have deactivated your Facebook account. You can reactivate your account at any time by logging into Facebook using your old login email and password. You will be able to use the site like you used to.
Thanks,
The Facebook Team



Now is where it really rubs me the wrong way. Does Facebook keep everything or does it just keep your account & URL? The answer is everything. From your pictures, videos & notes down to your status & other wall posts (ie: youtube, etc). I don't understand this concept I guess, but when I say that I'm going to quit & deactivate my account I shouldn't have it so easy as to just log right back in like nothing happened.. Or, should I? It's a good feature but if that's the case the same thing can be done by just logging out & going away forever. My epiphany in the whole situation is that deactivating the account is silly, but not using the site anymore isn't.

But is it really that easy? Since Facebook integrates itself into all the major websites when you favorite or digg or whatever the hell you people on the internet do on those sites, your Facebook is going to be updated. So even after you've quit Facebook if you don't change the settings on those other sites your page will remain active. I just want to know how we're even people anymore at this point? Sure it's social networking, but if you don't want it anymore you've got two routes: Log out of Facebook but continue to post because other websites are still integrated with your Facebook OR you can "deactivate" your account which is the same thing as logging out except only Facebook the conglomerate corporation are the only people that can see it & since we've found out Mark Zuckerberg or whoever doesn't really give a fuck about our privacy what's going to happen to that information?

Oh, I don't know



Overall, I don't mind Facebook only knowing what youtube videos I happen to enjoy, it can be useful or even the least bit entertaining for anyone who doesn't have me hidden yet, but what's the point of saying we're going to quit Facebook then? Because we can simply log back in & be done with it, they have our information anyway so what the hell is going to happen when /everybody/ leaves? As is everyone who wants a Facebook needs to have a cellular telephone with a paid plan (prepaid phones dont work with it) so that means that through this they (being Facebook's x-many staff members) can pretty much pinpoint your location through that.

So what's going to happen if we eProtest? I mean really, if everyone leaves Facebook for something new what's going to happen? I'll tell you what, Facebook is just going to sell your pictures & information for affiliate marketing right before cashing out & abandoning their offices.



Whatever though, who needs it, the internet is the internet is the internet. Web 2.whatever needs to get fucked though, just because more people are on this place doesn't mean they deserve to have it so easy as to find everyone they know in one place & converse with them. I remember a time when the internet was a place to learn about music & generally just get away from reality & everyday life, not interact with it.


& on that note I promise I will start writing in here more because I want to because I can. Cha cha cha I love the internet. Oh & there's a really good mixtape for free right here & here


THANXOXOX
FOR
LISTENING