Thursday, August 5, 2010

File's done!

Good morning internetterverses. Welcome to the Social Networking Revolution. As of right now, my twitter is linked to this blog. This blog, along with my twitter are also linked to my tumblr account [dsts.tumblr.com]. What that means for those of you reading this [I know, there are so many of you reading this that I should be posting about this] is that if you'd like to read a more robust version of my blog you can change your bookmark to HTTP://DSTS.TUMBLR.COM from there you can enjoy a much nicer looking blog, more blog posts & more importantly some much needed comedy.

Okay, so now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk about something very near & dear to my heart; Headphones. I fucking love headphones. There's no question about it, headphones are the shit & that's that. However, I've noticed a disturbing trend that's been emerging somewhat lately. People are paying more than $25 on a pair of headphones because they're bright & colorful. Yes, Skullcandy: I'm looking at you. I don't care how you try to justify it, there's no reason for anyone to be paying that much for anything that's not professional quality (ie: Seinheisser, Sony, etc) & in my opinion the plastic pieces of shit that Skullcandy makes are not professional.

Realistically, if you're worrying about sound quality you really should be looking into high quality mp3s & a good sound card. For the most part people are getting the standard bitrate mp4s from iTunes & using their iPod/Phone/Pad to play them which is fine, but if you're going to be paying through the roof for a pair of headphones & legal mp4s wouldn't you at least want them to sound good? Honestly, the sad truth is kids are out there downloading sub-par mp3s & mp4s with shit ass bitrate & thinking they sound /great/ because of the headphones.

Who cares?
Not I.

SONY MDR-V150 SUPREMACY.

No comments: