Tuesday, June 8, 2010

An irrelevant idea that nobody will care about or follow through with because I'm not even entirely sure that anyone actually has read this thing ever

K.

Basically I had a thought that was kind of stupid & I didn't really know how to form it. The idea would be to use blogs to go for an entire month of creativity. Every day you can do something new & each day you do not need to use the same media. For example, on day one you can go outside & take pictures or plant something. Anything creative at all, it doesn't have to be difficult or overdone it just has to be your personal self expression. If you want everyone to know that you're difficult & overdone well, then I don't want to know you.

For serious though, it can be anything you'd like; From writing or recording your own music to writing stand up comedy routines or even using video as a form of expression. The only limitations you really have are what you possess physically [ie: instruments, paint, cameras, etc] & your own imagination. You do this every day for a month & by the end of it imagine everything we could have created in that span. The average month is roughly 30 days long, if we get 20 people to participate by the end of that month we'll have 600 varying pieces of artistic self expression. Let's say half of the people choose to write & record songs, that's 300 songs, or roughly 16 CDs at 18 songs a piece.

Overall I believe it would be a very positive experience for everyone involved, artistic self expression is a very important part of what makes us human & we should use our noodle a whole hell of a lot more. If anyone is actually with me on this one please get in touch with me by leaving a comment here, tweeting at me, sending me an email or something just do it because if this could work it could turn into a really cool project. Ok holler at me later doggs pcce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Piano Man here. I am completely down for this.

HAL 9000 said...

i need to manage to get a few more people in on it & then i'll start hammering out rough details.