Friday, June 4, 2010

MATH THE BAND POST ABOUT MATH THE BAND ABOUT MATH THE BAND ABOUT MATH THE BAND ABOUT MATH THE BAND ABOUT THE BAND CALLED MATH THE BAND.

Hello friends,

Today we're going to take time out of our day to talk about Kevin & Justine, more formally known as Math the Band! One part Andrew WK the other Dope-Ass-Casio-Core-JAMS.

Truth be told, up until last year I had no real idea who these dudes were, other than the fact that they were casiocore awesomeness similar to Atom & His Package, though, having no way to hear their music I just kind of forgot about it, until Foo-Fest. They were one of the three or four bands I went to see during Foo Fest. Since they played an early show they were actually the first band of the day for me. It really was a great experience. I've seen plenty of bands with a large amount of energy perform, but theres something different about Math. Lots of dancing & jamming & having a blast. I was instantly hooked.

I'm not big on local music, mostly because what's local to me is straight up trash. West Warwick & Coventry really arent known for their electronic music culture & thus it ends up just being nothing but terrible pop-punk/screamo shit that I listened to when I was 16 & severely lacking positivity. Either way, the second Math's set was over I was ready for the next show. That's how it always happens, I guess. If a band is good enough to leave you wanting more you'd better believe you're going to their next show. I can't really remember when or where the next Math show was, but since the beginning of this year I've seen them as many times as possible. Each show better than the last.

The only problem I suppose with these shows is that in Providence it seems like people just don't start dancing until the headlining act... Maybe it's 'cause they're not drunk enough by the first set? How that's even possible is beyond me, it's not like shows in Providence ever start on time or anything...

Either way, this isnt about that, this is about how awesome MATH THE BAND is. Currently on Tour with MC Chris they're dealing with a certain level of criticism that really should never have applied to them. You'd think nerdcore rap & nerdy casio music would go hand in hand, but it seems like the MC Chris fans really dislike the fun that Math brings to the table. Fighting fire with marshmallows Math the Band on twitter re-tweets the messages of hate for people with actual taste [outside of what adult swim tells them to like] these nuggets of comedy are fucking hysterical. Either way, it makes me sad.








UMMMMMMMMMMMM I kind of lost the initiative to write so I'm going to end this there. I love you Math the Band.

No comments: